Friday, October 3, 2014

An Ode to Fall

I love all the seasons. I love how the atmosphere changes, how the things which grow and which we harvest change. But every year when fall comes around my heart skips and my morning bike rides in the crisp air become magical. It is the fog that lies deep on the ground and the sun fighting to break through. It is the air which becomes visible when I breathe and the leaves that fall from the trees as I bike through the forest.
Nature at this time is almost mystical and it feels as though in one last powerful strike shows its beauty before it gives it all up, everything that has grown only to be changed again and start to grow and flourish again in the Spring.
Fall to me is the most romantic of the seasons and I dream of blankets and candles and sipping tea and cuddling up on the sofa, of cooking warm soups and staying in bed and the smell of cinnamon and apple and coffee before the sun rises and a new day begins.


* picture via


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button