Saturday, December 21, 2013

Day 21: Inspiration for a minimalist and a whimsical Christmas

My two week vacation is here!!! This is so exciting!
Today I am going two share to inspiration boards with you because they couldn't be more contrary. For the other 3 click 1, 2, 3.

The first one I call the minimalist Christmas. I must admit I love how it turned out because what I love about this simplistic look is that you can "throw" in some brown wood and you instantly create a warm look what at first sight looks like just clear black and white lines.
I guess the key is to not overdo it, keep it simple, don't use a lot of colors. It creates a very clean and sophisticated look and is just beauty for the eyes.

The second inspiration board is the complete opposite and probably the one I would least go for but it was fun creating it and putting some color together.
What I did here was exchange the classical red and green with pink and mint and have some yellow and brown as "basic colors". It instantly creates a cute and fun look. I love the tree cake pops though.

Well, I hope these boards have inspired you to some extent. I had a lot of fun putting them together. It triggered a lot of ideas and inspiration for myself. I think everybody has their own style and as we grow up and older we refine and sharpen this style, find ourselves more in it as we find out more how we are.

Enjoy this last weekend before Christmas. Don't get stressed out. Rest a little. Take some time to just light a candle and ponder about this year.

xoxo

Ramona

A minimalist Christmas via: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

A whimsical Christmast via: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button