Thursday, January 12, 2012

Perfect Love


There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! - 1 John 4:18 (Ampl.)

I had a lot of time to think over the holidays and I did use it. Everyday I would sit down and contemplate my life, the things that were going on, the choices I had to make. I spent as little time as possible on the computer, barely read any blogs and almost never was on facebook.
That was a good time. A time of refreshment. Yet also a time of figuring out the next steps. A decision making process. An in-between process brought to completion by the end of my vacation.

On New Year's Eve I received my letter from last year and sat down to read it. I was amazed by my words and the wishes I had made a year ago and seeing where I am right now. Never would I have expected to be at this place. And as I sat there, crying, I saw this poster on my friend's drawer with that simple verse from 1 John 4:18. It was all I needed in that moment.
And so I made this verse the verse for this year. Because I want to reach out for that perfect full-grown, complete love. Because living in love means living a life of faith because when you love you are not afraid because you can trust in the almighty God and that His work in my life will be amazing and He has amazing plans for my future.

xoxo

Ramona

PS: I know I look like I am 19 on that picture... but hey... I'll be thankful for that one day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button