Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 1 - See the Invisible

Enjoying some hot tea and a piece of toffee while taking a moment off of this day together with you.

I want to ponder a little bit about a quote that I read today.

"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done."

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)

Isn't this just so true. Sometimes we're so stuck in what we think we cannot do or how little we are capable of achieving a certain goal. We do not see outside the box and envision where we already are and how far we have already come. The people around us, who know us can see far more than we sometimes can see. And if they already see this much, how much more does God see the abilites in us, the gifts he placed into us, the dreams He has for our life and the goals He wants to reach for your life.
This encourages me so much. When I start seeing myself the way God sees me, my perspective completely changes. Yes, some of these things may look impossible to me, but isn't our God a God who makes the impossible possible? Aren't His ways of us always exceeding our utmost dreams?

I want to encourage you today to read Psalm 139. That is how you were created. Lift your eyes to Jesus, Yaweh, our Saviour and take a look through His eyes. He created you, He loves you, He wants you.

xoxo until tomorrow

Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button