Friday, November 16, 2007

The Glory of a heart fully alive

Today I'm not talking about my life or those things, but I'm going to share something from a book I'm reading right now "Awaking the dead" by John Eldredge and this extract I'm going to share with you just struck me.

"The heart is the connecting point, the meeting place between any tow persons. The kind of deep soul intimacy we crave with God and with others can be experienced only from the heart. We don’t want to be someone’s project; we want to be the desire of their heart. May lamented, “By worshiping efficiency, the human race has achieved the highest level of efficiency in history, but how much have we grown in love?”
We’ve done the same to our relationship with God. Christians have spent their whole lives mastering all sorts of principles, done their duty, carried on the programs of their church… and never known God intimately, heart to heart. (…)The point is not the activity – the point is intimacy with God. Attend a class and take in information; then use that information to change the way you live. None of that will bring you into intimacy with God, just as taking a course on anatomy won’t help you love your spouse. “You will find me”, God says, “when you seek me with all your heart” (Jer. 29.14).
What more can be said, what greater case could be made than this: to find God, you must look with all your heart. To remain present to God, you must remain present to your heart. To hear his voice, you must listen with your heart. To love him, you must love with all your heart. You cannot be the person God meant you to be, and you cannot live the life he meant you to live, unless you live from the heart.”

So I'm asking you, do you live with your heart, do you love with your heart? Do you desire to be in close intimacy with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button